Kia Ora – Welcome to New Zealand
Design your trip to explore the top Aotearoa New Zealand vacation spots and the intriguing hidden gems.
There’s so much to discover beyond – and even within – the well-known areas in “The Youngest Country on Earth.”
You’ll find amazing diversity — from dormant volcanoes to rolling pastures, bustling cities to quiet rural townships and everything in between — within this small country.
We’ll give you tips to help with planning your vacation to avoid spending every day on the road and make sure you don’t miss out on the spots that will inspire you and make your New Zealand vacation intriguingly unique.
Ways to Explore New Zealand on Your Trip —
- Self-drive — you’ll pick up your rental car at the airport and set off to explore the country, stopping at interesting vacation spots as you pass through a charming village, spectacular viewpoint or peaceful picnic area;
- Private Driver-guide — have a private guide escort you for the full length of your trip or only in specific regions — when you’d prefer to sit back, relax and enjoy the amazing scenery. You’ll follow a planned itinerary to make sure you reach your choice vacation spots and have a comfy pillow waiting for you at the end of each day;
- Fly — flying from destination to destination on your vacation to New Zealand can reduce a lot of travel time. You’ll be able to spend more time in each spot and have the added benefit of spectacular views from the airplane on each flight;
- Motor Coach — an extensive network of buses travels daily throughout the country.
- Train — train service is available on the Northern Explorer from Auckland to Wellington, with seasonal connections after your ferry crossing through the Cook Strait, to the Coastal Pacific to Christchurch.
- Or a combination of all !
Find out about the variety of things you can do in each of the diverse regions – uncovering the best New Zealand vacation spots – by clicking on its name on the map below — or following the links on the right.